Monday, March 06, 2006

Thank God It Wasn't a Handbag

Great news! This past weekend, v2.0 had a minor melt down at a store. It’s great news because it happened at a sporting goods store and he was upset that we wouldn’t buy a baseball bat for him.

He saw me checking out baseball bats and wanted to swing one too, so we gave him a tee-ball bat to carry around while I was picking one to buy. As I was making my way to the register, I heard a boy start to have a meltdown, and my first thought was ‘poor guy and those poor parents.’ Then I thought, ‘hmmm, that voice sounds familiar.’ Yes, it was mine. Mrs. Giant was attempting to take the bat from him and put it back so we could leave. He didn’t take too kindly to that and reacted accordingly.

Of course, being the great parents we are, our reaction wasn’t exactly sympathetic. Mrs. Giant laughed because she said v2.0 looked so cute scampering toward the back of the store with the bat, and also looked very cute when he was crying on the floor after she took the bat from him. I was of no use either because I was so elated that he was expressing an interest in baseball, and not some expensive sport, like hah-kee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home