Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Friends of Bill

We’re back from a quick trip to the in-laws to celebrate a birthday. It’s a long drive to the ends of the earth, but it’s always an enjoyable time and it doesn’t hurt to score some points with the family.

I don’t want to say that it’s in the middle of nowhere, but when you activate a GPS device in the area, it either reads ‘Does not compute’ or ‘You have our sympathies.’

I’m not allowed to venture out alone without being accompanied by a local, particularly in the town where my sister-in-law lives. If I’m ever captured by locals, I’ve been instructed to invoke the name of my brother-in-law who is well connected in the area. It would be helpful if he issued ID cards, so that I could just flash it if I sense trouble coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home