Friday, December 16, 2005

There's an Opening in Visalia

Baseball's winter meetings passed without me receiving any offers from any team, so the writing might be on the wall. As a friend pointed out, it may be time to hang up the ol' cleats, and the back brace, sports rub, wrist wrap, medicine bag, etc.

I couldn't even get a minor league deal with the lowly Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I told them that I would take my 50 mph fastball and my breaking ball that looks like its falling off a piece of paper back to the Pretty Damn Lame baseball league.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the BoSox might take you if you were willing to grow your hair long and stop shaving, adopting a Neaderthal kind of style that will be sorely missing when Damon has to go to the barber before reporting for duty in NY.

Nahhh. Who am I kidding? You couldn't grow a beard if I injected horse hormones in your ass.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No homosexual intent, overt or otherwise, should be inferred from the previous post.

That having been said, I'll have you know that most of my gay friends are gay.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home