Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Alas, No Kate Kelly

There’s a nifty little web site that dishes on gossip and rumors about the media outlets in the Washington-Baltimore area, reporting on such things as radio format changes, and the hiring/firing of news anchors.

At the end of the year, the site asks readers to submit the best/worst shows and/or developments during the past year. While I did not offer my opinions, here is what I would have submitted.

Best
· Tony Kornheiser radio show on WTEM-980AM. It’s so very funny, providing everything you want from a radio talk show – sports, current events, pop culture.
· PTI on ESPN.
· Most things involving the news on Channel 4 since it is the only local news I watch. Although, I could do without Barbara Harrison (vacuous and completely unwatchable) and sports anchor George Michael (pronounce a fucking name correctly for once, dumbass). I can't decide if Lindsay Czarniak is hot and knows sports, or is just a good reader.
· Traffic on the 8’s on WTOP-1500AM. It has saved me several times.
· NPR Morning Edition.
· Junkies moving to drive time on WJFK-106.7 FM, except for the Nazi one (EB?). He isn’t smart enough to debate politics so he just screams, thinking that it will come across as informed. When this doesn’t work, he starts waving the flag. Most Republicans are like this.
· RCN Cable. I actually like my cable company, particularly after they became the first cable company in the DC-area to carry Nats games.

Worst
· Elliot Segal on DC-101. So incredibly annoying. Could his listeners really be that stupid?
· John Thompson on WTEM. God, he is so awful. Can’t change the station quickly enough when I hear him.
· WTEM-980 in general, except for Kornheiser and maybe the Sports Reporters at 5pm. Just a horrible excuse for a sports radio station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home