Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Savoy Special

A glorious weekend of baseball as the team won two games to advance to the division championship game with 18-5 and 6-3 victories. No standings, or statistics, are kept in the Ponce de Leon League, so all teams are eligible for the single-elimination playoffs at the end of the season.

Considering how we played this season, I didn’t give us much of a shot of winning a playoff game, let alone making it all the way to the final, but we finally managed to put everything together this weekend. Winning means being able to play more games, and after all the rainouts we had this season, I was quite pleased by the team advancing.

I finally put everything together too, pitching and hitting very well. I gave up 2 runs in 4 innings on Saturday, and 2 runs in 3 innings on Sunday. Having thrown 7 innings this weekend, it will be interesting to see how much is left in my arm next week.

At the plate, I crushed the ball going 4-for-5 with two doubles in the gap on Saturday, and 3-for-4 on Sunday. The tuning fork in my loins went off when I hit those two doubles on Saturday. It’s like crushing a 300-yard drive straight down the middle. Not sure why I compared it to that since I don’t know what that feels like.

It’s gotta be the ‘roids, but I’m not here to talk about the past.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hungary Man and all the assorted junior sized Hungarians are excited about watching Uncle Giant put on a pitching clinic this coming weekend! Just charge us exorbitant prices for cold hot dogs and warm beer and we'll feel like we're watching the Braves put away the Nats.

3:30 PM  
Blogger SuburbaMom said...

Congrats!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home