Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Did They Shoot Roebuck?

I stepped into a Sears for the first time since I was a kid and the layout of the store was exactly the same as when I last saw it. Our dishwasher conked out and we saw a Sears advertisement for an appliance sale, so we decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a shot.

One of the things I remember about shopping at Sears was that, every time I was there, I always seemed to witness families arguing with each other and playing out their drama for everyone to see. Granted, sometimes my family contributed to some of these dramatic performances, but that’s for another therapy session.

I guess it always made for an interesting shopping experience, although I'm not sure how Sears could have put that in a slogan. ‘Watch a family air its dirty laundry while you buy a washing machine’ doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

Much to my surprise, we actually ended up buying the dishwasher at Sears. Too bad a Wal-Mart isn’t close by because the same dishwasher would have cost $3 there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Couch said...

i think walmart has replaced sears as big spot to air your dirty laundry.

7:58 PM  
Blogger SuburbaMom said...

We saw a Wal-Mart Uber store in Germany this weekend. Too bad it was closed... I really wanted to go in!

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home