Monday, April 18, 2005

Worse Than Debating Social Security

I had a potential third-rail situation this weekend. My wife wanted my input in shopping for swimwear for our Caribbean holiday. I could see no possible way of making it out of that circumstance unscathed; the quintessential lose-lose situation.

Fortunately, she was able to find something without getting me in trouble. Crisis averted, there was no touching of the third-rail.

My wife also had to pick up some cosmetics at the Clinique counter, which always produces good drama. The women who work at the Clinique counter at department stores always are very interested in pitching and promoting the products, but when it actually comes time to the transaction part, they suddenly become standoff-ish and exhibit diva-like behavior. It’s the strangest thing. It’s as if they are saying, ‘I’m above ringing up the sale.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home