Saturday, February 05, 2005

No Third Wheel

My wife and I went out to dinner to celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary. At one point, I gazed into her eyes and said, “Can you pass me the burp cloth?”

We easily could have hired a babysitter for the evening, but decided to celebrate with our son because illness and weather had prevented us from having normal, decent weekends throughout January. So, it was nice to have the three of us spending time together and having fun.

One thing my wife and I noticed about shopping for anniversary cards is that it is tough to find ones that strike the right balance between ‘Oh honey, I love you so much’ (The Lifetime Channel collection), and ‘Fuck off and die’ (The OJ Simpson and Robert Blake collection). We need something that is a little sarcastic and funny without being too acerbic.

So our anniversary celebration consisted of a romantic dinner at Red, Hot & Blue, with us wiping our fingers of barbecue sauce and our son’s mouth of drool.

The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today…

1 Comments:

Blogger SuburbaMom said...

Red Hot and Blue.....I can't believe it's been 6 years already. Congrats.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home