Thursday, October 28, 2004

Call me Ishmael, or Howard Schultz

A dream job has become available. Okay, that may be over-stating it. How about an ideal job. Starbucks is looking for a lobbyist in the Washington office.

I know it sounds completely corporate of me, but I always have loved Starbucks - their products, the coffee toys that are on display, the atmosphere at the stores, and the way they get involved in local activities and charities. I took several weeks off a few months ago to spend with my son. Every morning, I took him to Starbucks so we could have coffee and read the paper. It was such a great way to start each day.

Representing Starbucks would be very cool, so I sent them my resume. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way and they are going to be flooded with inquiries about the position. It's probably a long shot, but what the hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home