Monday, October 25, 2004

There's No Joy in Mudville

Not because mighty Casey has struck out, but because mighty DC-Giant could not play baseball yesterday due to rain. I play baseball in this weekend recreational league for men over 30 (I barely qualify). Baseball was my favorite sport growing up and I was thrilled to come across another opportunity to play. Softball just was not an adequate substitute.

I had to make due with playing basketball last night in this game I'm involved with every Fall. I was not going to start playing basketball until baseball season ended in order to spend more time with my wife and infant son. Before he was born, I was able to complete a double-header in which I would play baseball during the day and basketball at night. Stocks of ibuprofen companies sky-rocketed on Mondays.

Speaking of baseball, interesting item in the Wall Street Journal today about how a Red Sox World Series victory would ruin the 'Reverse the Curse' industry in New England. Note that the Red Sox went up 2-0 in the 1986 World Series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home