Monday, October 25, 2004

Hey Doc, his BP is rising

I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago for a routine physical and discovered that my blood pressure is kind of high. Family genes are partially to blame as both parents have heart/bp issues. My BP apparently was high enough for the doctor to prescribe some medication and to instruct me to lose about 15 pounds. I'm not sure where I'm going to lose it as I thought I was in fairly decent shape. I usually know when I need to lose weight because my clothes begin to feel tight, but I haven't been experiencing that. I did begin weight-training a couple years ago and have acquired some definition, but that is suppose to have minimal, if any, impact on weight gain.

Ugh. Three years ago, I lost 20 pounds using the Weight Watchers plan. Looks like I'm going to have to give it another whirl. I feared the medication would have side effects, but fortunately I have not experienced any after a week-and-a-half of taking the drug. Granted, I probably couldn't see if a third eye was growing in the back of my head, but I would think that my wife would point out something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home