Monday, August 15, 2005

The Wagon Queen Family Truckster

We are supposed to escape on a beach vacation the first week in September that originally was supposed to include just my wife’s family members. They all are great and I get along with everyone, including the spouses, so I was looking forward to it.

Then, havoc struck.

My wife’s sister is organizing this holiday and her husband found a nice big house right along the water. His brother caught wind of the trip and pleaded for an invitation for him and his wife and kids, which was extended. I understand that; it’s hard to say no to family. I figured it would be fine because it’s a big house, and there probably would be plenty of space to get away from people if necessary. But then, it got worse.

The wife of the brother who pleaded for the invitation went ahead and invited her parents, without clearing it with my wife’s sister, the one organizing it. Not only that, she also invited her sister and her husband! WHAT THE FUCK?!

Suddenly, there are a bunch of strangers going to this house, and thoughts of traipsing comfortably around the house in our pajamas remain just that – thoughts that will go unrealized.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and Hurricane Irene will level the house.

We're 10 hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home