Friday, December 17, 2004

Brought To You By The Refresh Button

Let's get an update on some of the stories OTP has been following.

  • Ding Dong, the Witch is Gone. Due in large part to the actions of the parents at my son's day care center, the evil director who was making everyone's life miserable was dismissed. The mood changed dramatically after the ouster, as the upbeat and engaging attitudes of the teachers returned, which only means good things for the kids.
  • His Vitals Have Stabilized. A return visit to the doctor's office brought good news as I was able to lose a few pounds (although with the holiday season, I probably gained it back), and, with a little medicinal assistance (no, not marijuana), my blood pressure now is well within the normal range.
  • Maybe Some Flaxseed Oil Would Help. The Giants continue to sign players in their 30s to ridiculous contracts. Armando Benitez is a head-case and he gets a 3-year deal worth $21 million? Ugh.
  • Beat the Cropp Out of Washington. Oh my God, don't even get me started on this woman. For three glorious months in 2004, Washington actually had a baseball team.
  • Susan O'Malley Credits Singles Nights. The Washington Wizards are 12-8 and have the third best record in the Eastern Conference. As Tony Kornheiser likes to point out, it will be mathematically impossible for them to get off to their traditional 9-20 start.
  • Like When the Brady's Went to Hawaii. In this post, I referred to myself in the third person, which means that this blog may have jumped the shark. Several years ago, I wrote a silly little newsletter that I would send to friends for shits and giggles. Then, for one issue, a friend who was living in Budapest at the time wrote a guest column. The newsletter went downhill from there.

Lastly, the following story needs no updating. It still applies:

Oh well, sometimes you go through life with the president you have, and not the one you might wish to have.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home