Thursday, January 13, 2005

Donde Esta Green Day

The main radio station I listened to in the Washington area (WHFS) suddenly changed formats yesterday from progressive/ alternative rock to Spanish-language pop, which has become all the rage in radio these days.

While I did not listen to the station as much as I used to (which probably explains part of the problem the station was experiencing), it still was sad to hear of the station’s demise.

The remaining station in the area that comes close to matching the format is DC-101, which is okay as long as you don’t listen to the incredibly annoying Eliot in the Morning.

I'm going to protest the new station by not listening to it and by not purchasing any of the products advertised on the station.

So there.

3 Comments:

Blogger SuburbaMom said...

I can not believe how much press this has gotten! How many people listened this station??

6:31 AM  
Blogger Couch said...

we had a station here in michigan a few years back that switched from heavy metal to classical. i didnt hear it when it switched but i was told they tied a nine inch nails song and some classical music instrumental into one very fluid change of pace. kinda neat way to go out.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to travel to the Maryland every month, that station kept me going back there. Glad to hear it is on AOL Radio now.

Fat lot of good that does me driving in the car in Maryland though.

roybatty@safe-mail.net

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home